Calm and Serene

Calm and Serene
"Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." Psalm 90:12

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Grace

Photo by Bahman Farzad

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, 
always having sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work."
2 Corinthians 9:8

Grace has been described as having the unmerited favor of God. Grace has been a recurring theme for me these last few days. I was lying awake two nights ago when I thought of what it means to bestow that same unmerited favor onto other - to be a living, breathing epistle of His grace and mercy. 

"My grace is sufficient for thee for my strength is made perfect in weakness." 
2 Corinthians 12:9

One of the hardest things to do is to bestow grace onto someone who may not deserve it; but as Christians, it is not our place to judge. It is to simply love others as He loves us. (John 13:34) The beautiful thing about grace is that it can be absolutely scandalous, allowing us to do the impossible, forgive the unforgivable, love the unlovable. What right do I have to withhold the gift of grace from anyone when I have an unlimited supply of it?

When grace steps in, things like fear, doubt, judgment, and criticism have to take a hike because in the end, grace wins!

Sitting at His feet,
Valarie