Calm and Serene

Calm and Serene
"Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." Psalm 90:12

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Simply Tuesday



Rarely do I find a book so enjoyable that I read it cover to cover twice but such is the case for the second time in a row with Simply Tuesday: Small-Moment Living in a Fast-Moving World by Emily Freeman

To give you an idea of why I'm reading it for a second time, here is just some of the reviews that have come in for Simply Tuesday:

"This book is like a deep breath for my soul." Ellie Holcomb

"We live in a time where we are led to believe that everything bigger is better and something in my soul has been telling me for a while now that isn't necessarily the case. That's why I'm so thankful for Emily Freeman's new book, Simply Tuesday." Rachel Macy Stafford

"It's simply Tuesday, an ordinary day filled with beautiful, breathtaking moments I missed, until Emily Freeman taught me how to see...through small-moment living, my hurried heart is learning how to slow down and savor." Renee Swope 

"Simply Tuesday could move you toward the settled rest that Jesus provides." Dr. Larry Cobb

"What if God takes great delight in the simple acts of bench-sitting and gate-opening and being kind to our next door neighbor? What if the kingdom of God is built on tiny, little gestures on simple days like Tuesday?" Deidre Riggs

"Emily Freeman is a writer after my own heart. She's not afraid to be quiet, to move at a leisurely pace, and to think probably a little too hard about things. She believes that meaning and delight and revelation are found in the small moments. Her writing will slow you down, help your soul exhale, and show you that Tuesday, and every ordinary day, is full of magic." Adam S. McHugh

"Many of us are living at an unhealthy pace. We run from one task to another to another. We end up skimming the surface of life. This book challenges us to be present in the moments that we find ourselves in, and to live at depth with others." Dave Runyon 

Simply Tuesday is on sale now!

Sitting at His feet,
Valarie